Step in from the outdoors and into the core of Hilton Head Island and discover its Innovative local businesses. Inside the island's family-friendly venues, youngsters are easily entertained with numerous options! When a climate-controlled atmosphere is preferred over the outdoor weather, these tried and tested activities are islanders' favorites!
- The Sandbox Children's Museum has two locations; the first is in Hilton Head's Celebration Park at 80 Nassau Street, and the second is in Bluffton's Tanger Outlets 2 at 1414 Fording Island Road, Suite E180. Small hands with big smiles joyfully interact with creatively designed exhibits for children under 12 years old. Children learning while playing is an ideal way to spend your island time! Visit the Sandbox for more information.
- Coastal Discovery Museum is one mile from the bridge at 70 Honey Horn Drive, (843)689-6767. Hands-on exhibits, tours, and events bring the island's rich history to life. From carnivorous plants and baby alligators to butterfly gardens and bird watching, there is much to discover and enjoy at Honey Horn.
- Art Café is on the island's south end at 5 Lagoon Road, on the 2nd floor above Rockfish. Call (843)785-5525to book the required reservations. A wide selection of prepared pottery awaits a splash of colorful paint that results in your one-of-a-kind art piece. Art Café fires the pottery, and your masterpiece is ready to be picked up or shipped in a few days.
- Adventure Cove Arcade has a convenient mid-island location at 18 Folly Field Road (843)842-9990 and offers two mini-golf courses. With ticket winnings pouring out of the flashing arcade games and a bonanza of prizes to redeem, it is a winning choice for family fun.
- Hilton Head Island Library at 11 Beach City Road (843)255-6529 is centrally located. The large children's area is a peaceful oasis to relax and refresh with quality books, games, storytelling, unique events, and more. Visitors and residents are welcome, and beach-ready books are available for purchase from the Friends of the Library.
- Atomic VR Virtual Reality Arcade can be found at 38 Gateway Circle near the airport (843)505-7182. Ages 6 and older can travel to space, create artwork, or save the world from evil with 40 virtual reality selections that take video gaming to a new level! The comfortable lobby hosts several TVs where non-players can watch the action.
- Escape Room is towards the island's southern portion at 10 Executive Park Rd. #102, (843)681-7529. Find clues and crack codes under one hour to escape from your room. This thought-provoking entertainment has unique escape game selections found only in Hilton Head. All ages are welcome with a parent/guardian, and ages 15-17 need a waiver to attend alone. Older children reading and following clues may enjoy it more than little ones.
- The Zone is in Bluffton at 108 Buckwalter Parkway Suite 2F (843)836-3701. Big and small ninjas can compete on their state-of-the-art Ninja course or enjoy laser tag, mirror maze, escape rooms, batting cages, a mechanical shark, and more! The word boring is not in the Zone's vocabulary regarding fantastic options for kids' activities.
- KI Speed – Indoor Go Karts in Bluffton's Belfair Towne Village at 71 Town Drive (843)815-5278. Kids over 48" receive a quick driving lesson and then race around the track with top speeds of up to 45mph. Fans can cheer their favorite drivers off the track in the Grand Prix facility.
10. Station 300 Bowling Alley and Arcade are just off Bluffton's main lane at 25 innovative Drive (843)815-2695. There is no time to spare when you are ready for a strike that is out of this world with cosmic bowling or another exciting theme. Bumper bowling makes all ages competitive for indoor family fun! You can extend the outing at their active arcade and convenient restaurant.
Bonus! Hilton Head also has two family-friendly movie locations. Park Plaza Cinema is on the south end at 33 Office Park Road, Suite 201 (843)715-0479; or Northridge Cinema is on the north end at 435 William Hilton Parkway #15 (843)342-3801.
While the island is surrounded by water, it is CENTERED on wholesome entertainment that families with children of all ages will enjoy! Our top ten activities will create action-packed memories of meaningful time spent INSIDE Hilton Head! Check out our Top 10 Adult Activities too!
Contributed by Janice Magnin
Posted by Christina Galbreath-Gonzalez on