Spring Island Real Estate
Find the latest Spring Island real estate listings in South Carolina below!
Spring Island Community is an extraordinary master planned community on South Carolina's lush Lowcountry coastline. Encompassing acres of semi-tropical geography, including unspoiled salt marshes, lagoons, creeks, and wooded areas of swaying palmettos, magnolias and live oaks, Spring Island is one of the "sea islands" and is one hour from Hilton Head Island and 45 minutes from downtown Savannah. This community is 3,000 acres of maritime forest surrounded by pristine marshland, accommodating fewer than 400 families. Spring Island real estate offers a selection of cottages and single-family homes, as well as lots that range from approximately one-third of an acre to 10 acres or more.
Upscale amenities include an 18-hole championship golf course, six Har-Tru tennis courts, croquet, biking, fishing, boating, baseball, basketball, volleyball, a 20-acre equestrian facility, 36 fishing ponds, private community docks and more.
Discover the latest available Spring Island real estate listings found below, or continue reading about stunning sea island off the coast of Hilton Head Island
Search Spring Island Homes for Sale
Welcome Home to Spring Island
Spring Island is truly the last of the pristine, private sea islands dotting the Atlantic Coastline. Situated off the southern coast of South Carolina, this ancient barrier isle is quiet, peaceful and secluded, yet a short, scenic drive from the beautiful and historic towns of Charleston and Beaufort, across the river into Savannah, and the wide, white sand beaches of Hilton Head Island.
A world unto itself, Spring Island is connected to the mainland by a bridge, surrounded by maritime forest, saltwater estuaries, gentle rivers and meandering creeks. This luxurious, low-density 3,000-acre haven protects 1,200 acres as nature preserves, and with only 400 home sites planned, less than half are still available.
The Spring Island Lifestyle
Spring Island is committed to proper land management and land conservation. As the nation’s first conservation-based development, all that is built by man---infrastructure, amenities, and homes---must blend in harmony with all that nature originally bestowed upon the land. At only five miles long and nearly two miles at its widest point, Spring Island is both simple and sophisticated.
As James Chaffin, one of the original developers commented, “Our vision for Spring Island was to blend all the recreational, intellectual and cultural amenities of a great private club community with the environment of a seashore wilderness park.”
Such amenities include:
- Old Tabby Links golf course – designed by Arnold Palmer & Golfweek’s 43rd best residential courses in the land
- A 31-acre equestrian center which includes 29.5 acres of pastures and paddocks, plus 30 miles of trails
- The Sports Complex, a 13,000 square-foot center providing cardio, weight training, fitness and massage therapy
- The Outfitter Center, located within the Sports Complex, which provides sports equipment and fishing needs
- Six Har-Tru tennis courts and croquet lawn
- Sporting clays
- Waterfall Farm, a community farm which provides free produce for members, staff and the local community
- The River House, for fine dining, which overlooks the pristine Chechessee Creek
- The Gathering Room, for morning coffee or evening cocktails
- The Old Tabby Grill, in the Golf House on the links, for a casual lunch or a cold drink
- History Trail, the tabby ruins, thought to be the largest example of tabby architecture left in the South Carolina Lowcountry
Luxury amenities and a simpler way of life beckon one to Spring Island. However, there are a number of other reasons why calling Spring Island home is an easy decision:
- Lower property taxes
- Mild climate
- Relaxed lifestyle
- A desirable location where family and friends will want to visit
- Overall lower cost of living
- Family and friends are close by
- High-quality healthcare
- Airport access
Interested in learning more about making a home on Spring Island? Please contact us online or call 1-843-785-9500 to get in touch with an experienced Hilton Head Island area real estate professional.
^ Back to: Spring Island Homes