Here you are…it’s time to move on. It’s all good…you’ve found the perfect coastal retreat, the ideal layout. Maybe it’s bigger, maybe it’s smaller; more of this, less of that. It’s a magical scenario and you’re excited about it all. The next step is to sell the place you’ve been in for years. It’s difficult to detach yourself from something you’ve known so well. Thing is, other people are going to see things you have chosen to overlook during those happy years and those wonderful collections are memories to you, but may very well be seen clutter in the eyes of those previewing your home.
There are ways to make the transition go smoothly and garner the most profit from your sale. Here are some tips to making that transition a favorable one:
- Choose the right Realtor! A trusted Realtor who knows the Hilton Head and Bluffton market and who has knowledge in selling real estate in the various communities of our area is invaluable. The Realtors at Lancaster Real Estate Sales know the market and have years of experience, understanding and know-how in pricing, negotiating and closing the sale. Don’t leave money on the table; trust the experts at Lancaster.
- Get a home inspection.This will save you time and aggravation because you can address any and all issues before the home goes under contract and you are then negotiating with the buyer.
- Prepare your home before you put it on the market. Make repairs, plant fresh flowers and clean, clean, clean! And then clean some more. Put away non-essential items; try to see your home as others will see it. You don’t want your home making statements about you. If it is spotless and void of clutter, it won’t be making statements that don’t need to be made!
- It’s what is on the inside that counts. Well, yes, but the outside counts also. If it’s not appealing from the curb, potential buyers will pass it by. Buyers tend to visualize themselves in the homes they view. If they cannot “see” themselves living there, they will move on until they can.
- Price it right the first time. An overpriced home will not sell. Your Realtor will present you with the facts; listen to your Realtor. They do this for a living and they want your home to sell as quickly as possible and for as much as possible. It is difficult to justify overpricing a home, especially since an appraisal will likely be ordered.
Selling a home can be challenging. Make it easier on yourself by following these simple tips and by calling the professionals at Lancaster Real Estate Sales at 843-785-9500 or 866-785-9501. It’s what we do. Let us do it for you!