The Lowcountry has caught golf cart fever. Many people are warming up to this trendy form of transportation on and off the golf course. Why not cruise on the golf cart to transform a boring short drive into something exciting? Many Hilton Head and Bluffton communities agree that golf carts are not just for golfing anymore!
What drives the popularity in carting:
- Quiet and smooth ride
- Electric carts are environmentally friendly
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Convenient for quick trips
- Adds variety to your nearby drives
- No sand or grass in your car
- Safe to drive with low speeds
- Kids think their parents and grandparents are cool!
- Fresh, Lowcountry air
- Neighborhood drive In movie nights and holiday parades
So you’re ready to jump on the bandwagon golf cart!
Hilton Head Island is fortunate to have golf carts available for rent near Forest Beach with https://www.rentwheelz.com/. It’s a great way to try out the carting fun! Yet, owning a golf cart makes a living in Hilton Head Island and Bluffton even better.
Golf cart communities prefer quiet, environmentally-friendly electric batteries over models that operate on gasoline.
The price range is around $7,000 to $15,000 for a new golf cart. However, you can pick up a used cart for about $1000. A custom-designed or limited edition cart can cause the price to roll on and on!
Hilton Head Island’s & Bluffton’s Golf Cart Friendly Communities:
(list may be subject to change at any time based on SC and local regulations)
Important South Carolina golf cart laws: (SECTION 56-2-105. Golf cart permit and the operation of a golf cart.)
- The golf car must be insured (see more information below), permitted, and registered with SCDMV using the following link, SCDMV Golf Carts.
- The golf cart must remain within 4 miles of your home, where it is legal to drive.
- The golf cart may be operated on roads with posted speeds of less than 35 mph only.
- The golf cart may be operated during daylight hours only.
- The driver must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver’s license.
In addition to state laws, each unique golf cart community has specific regulations on golf carts. These may include, but are not limited to, local registration, including a colored photo, limited color options, insurance, and types of golf carts permitted; therefore, be sure to check your neighborhood guidelines.
Golf carts fit perfectly in many Hilton Head Island & Bluffton Homes.
Many homes in golf communities are designed with your golf cart storage in mind. A golf cart garage makes owning your golf cart easy.
Driving it home! Be sure to add golf cart Insurance.
Homeowner’s insurance typically does not cover golf carts, especially when they are in use, neither does auto insurance. Therefore a specific golf cart insurance policy is needed and required in South Carolina and easy to acquire.
Insurance companies have affordable and simple policies available. Be sure you include the requirements of property damage liability coverage and bodily injury liability coverage. Collision coverage and comprehensive coverage are recommended but not always required. The insurance cost for a golf cart ranges approximately from $75 annually for golf course use only to around $400 annually for street and golf course usage.
Fresh air blowing lightly through your hair, warm sun on your face, a cool drink, and a cruise on your golf cart is all possible in Hilton Head Island’s and Bluffton’s Golf Cart Communities.
Submitted by Janice Magnin
Posted by Christina Galbreath-Gonzalez on